We know we’ve been quiet recently but we’ve been working really hard behind the scenes on our latest theme for WordPress created for bands and musicians. But honestly it’d work for anyone looking for a badass & dark WordPress theme.
It’s a completely re-designed and re-built version of our best-selling and most popular Dark N Gritty theme. Here’s a short rundown of some of the features:
- Responsive & retina design. Looks great on your desktop, phone & tablet
- Discography management and pre-styled GigPress. Easily showcase your music and upcoming tour.
- Built-in Twitter feed, like/tweet buttons & and more social icon selections. Keep your fans up to date and encourage them to spread the news!
- Full-width slider featuring video embedding or conversion box with widgetized areas. Show off your latest video or song.
- Custom header photos on all pages. Keep your visitors engaged as they move from page to page.
- Four background choices (you can still have the original concrete). Keep your online presence gritty!
- Custom main & accent colour selection with a new details feature (wood, concrete, etc.). Customize the site exactly to your liking.
- Lots more widgetized areas (footer, sidebar, home page sections, conversion box) which give yoiu more control over how your site works.
- Upload your own custom background, keep the dark CSS3 shading. Customize the site to be your own without needing advanced image skills.
- Lots more 🙂
You can see the demo of it here:
More details page is here:
Until next time!
We were asked to write up a guest post over at one of our favourite WordPress review websites, WPDressing. We decided to tackle a topic that’s close to our heart: how to succeed as a musician. We chose to focus on our area of expertise, which is online and entrepreneurial. If you’re a musician that’s curious about how to develop a loyal fan following online and then monetize it so you can afford to keep being a musician, this should be right up your alley! Enjoy 🙂
Well – it’s finally here! Shane and I have been working hard in the background on launching our own premium themes for WordPress. Right now, we’re focused on creating some really great themes for bands. There aren’t very many options for bands to market their music to new and current fans online. It’s tough when considering the options – you could go with the slow, painful death of Myspace, the clunkiness of Bandspace, or the super-tight privacy settings on Facebook (especially difficult now since the ‘Suggest To Friends’ button is now permanently gone from pages). WordPress is the best option out there for bands to be in control of their own online hub for fans by uploading their own tunes, photos, tour dates, etc. with no restrictions.
2010’s been a great and terrible year for rock music. We’ve got some great new music but it’s also brought us some unfortunate music tragedies. Wolf Parade, Poison The Well and Slipknot are on hiatus. Haste The Day, Crime in Stereo and The Fall of Troy are dead. And Lady Gaga came out with a new remixed album. Yikes. But this year has also brought us a lot of laughs, smiles, circle pits, and sore necks from airborne crowd surfers. Below, we select our favourite rock ‘n roll and indie rock album releases of 2010.
There are a lot of pretty incredible music videos out there. Rather than making a top 10 or a best 5 I’ve decided to put all the ones that make the cut in one list. These are the best music videos of all time. Some of them have mind blowing motion graphics, amazing animation and impressive effects; and some of them are lively, fun and full of dancing, choreography and costuming. Something about each one I found incredible, for a variety of different reasons. They aren’t in order, and I’ve written up little descriptions and listed genres so you don’t accidentally stumble into a hardcore song or mistakenly see a bum. Enjoy!