We know we’ve been quiet recently but we’ve been working really hard behind the scenes on our latest theme for WordPress created for bands and musicians. But honestly it’d work for anyone looking for a badass & dark WordPress theme.
It’s a completely re-designed and re-built version of our best-selling and most popular Dark N Gritty theme. Here’s a short rundown of some of the features:
- Responsive & retina design. Looks great on your desktop, phone & tablet
- Discography management and pre-styled GigPress. Easily showcase your music and upcoming tour.
- Built-in Twitter feed, like/tweet buttons & and more social icon selections. Keep your fans up to date and encourage them to spread the news!
- Full-width slider featuring video embedding or conversion box with widgetized areas. Show off your latest video or song.
- Custom header photos on all pages. Keep your visitors engaged as they move from page to page.
- Four background choices (you can still have the original concrete). Keep your online presence gritty!
- Custom main & accent colour selection with a new details feature (wood, concrete, etc.). Customize the site exactly to your liking.
- Lots more widgetized areas (footer, sidebar, home page sections, conversion box) which give yoiu more control over how your site works.
- Upload your own custom background, keep the dark CSS3 shading. Customize the site to be your own without needing advanced image skills.
- Lots more 🙂
You can see the demo of it here:
More details page is here:
Until next time!
A collection of digital paintings. Click on landscape-oriented paintings to see them larger. Some of these digital paintings were used in The Gentlebeast.
Well – it’s finally here! Shane and I have been working hard in the background on launching our own premium themes for WordPress. Right now, we’re focused on creating some really great themes for bands. There aren’t very many options for bands to market their music to new and current fans online. It’s tough when considering the options – you could go with the slow, painful death of Myspace, the clunkiness of Bandspace, or the super-tight privacy settings on Facebook (especially difficult now since the ‘Suggest To Friends’ button is now permanently gone from pages). WordPress is the best option out there for bands to be in control of their own online hub for fans by uploading their own tunes, photos, tour dates, etc. with no restrictions.
The irony of this commercial is the typical skinny jeans wearer would opt for a full-bodied craft beer that you’ve never even heard of and respectfully decline this spring water being bottled and labeled as Miller Lite.
It wasn’t that long ago that Levi’s had their grand debut of the ‘Ex-Girlfriend’ jean. A play off of the ‘boyfriend’ jeans meant for women, the ‘Ex-Girlfriend’ jean is for men who have an edgy style and wanted the all-snug fit of their old girlfriends jean (plus some breathing room on the rise). As a fan and wearer of skinny jeans for over 8 years now, I had a quick look and moved on. These skinny jeans were really nothing revolutionary…
But I was wrong. I searched for the jeans again today on Google to have another look and what I found was surprising. These jeans were revolutionary – in terms of marketing. All it took was a clever name and it seems like the whole Western world had finally became aware of the existence of skinny jeans. These jeans have been featured (mockingly) on hundreds of blogs and the Ellen show, while beer commercials ridicule those who wear them. Reading vulgar and hateful comments and listening to pointless rants about how no true man wears skinny jeans have made me realize that the mainstream consumer is extremely hypocritical when it comes to fashion and they don’t even know it.